Friday, February 24, 2012

Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps T shirt Lucy!

This is rather a late announcement but Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps store took part in the CHA 2012 Winter Conference & Trade Show.

Isn't it amazing, it was in March 2010 when I first contacted Sparkle through an online freelance website. She was thinking of opening an online Rubber Stamp store and was looking for an illustrator to design her stamps. Out of many applicants I was chosen :)
Since then we have been releasing new stamps every month and SCRS has grown so much! I am so happy to be part of such a great design team! Thank you Sparkle!

Anyway Sparkle commissioned me to design a Tshirt for CHA (which took place in January) and asked me to use Lucy, as Lucy was Brent's (Sparkles hubby) favorite character!


I wanted to incorporate Lucy with the SCRS logo:

And ended up with the rough below!


Rough was approved and I coloured her in using the SCRS colours, light blues and greens, plus a few other palettes for variation!

 Sparkle was happy with the design and it was sent to the printers! Yay.
I have also sent through some monotone versions so that Brent can have the option to avoid wearing pretty pastel colours on his Tshirt :)


All seemed well but the printing place wrote back later asking me to reduce the illustration to only six colours so the final image ended up looking like this!

You scan check out photos from CHA here or on SCRS Facebook page. But you can't really see the Tshirt so I'm not sure which one they've ended up using! Still waiting for mine in the post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment